DIY Blanket Ladder

I was going to order a blanket ladder off etsy.com, the prices were reasonable at $50 but most of the ladders only came in 4' heights, if you want anything larger the price goes up significantly as well as shipping charges so I decided to make my own. I needed at least 6' so I could see it behind a chair.

1. Supplies:
I bought two 6' 1X2s (already come pre cut to this length at Lowes) and one 1" dowel rod which comes in a 6' length. You can either have them cut it into equal 12-14" pieces at the store or at home.




2. Put it together:
I just used a nail gun to nail each dowel into the side planks but would suggest using screws for more study support if you plan to hang heavy blankets.




3. Sand:
I didn't really have to sand mine, but if you do, make sure to do the dowels really well.



4. Stain or paint:
I did a grey stain on mine with a sealer after. If you paint it I would suggest spraying on a clear coat on after.



5. Done: Super easy!!!! I'm going to make another one for behind the toilet to put towels on and possibly one for the nursery for receiving blankets.





Comments

Popular Posts