How to make a Chalk Board Menu....(to easily hide your electrical panel!)


Our electrical panel is in our pantry, I guess a good "out of the way" place, but our pantry is off our main walk way from our garage to our kitchen and we like to leave its pocket door open. At the time, menu boards weren't trending yet (you can now get them everywhere) but I needed a custom one that was a specific depth so I could hang it over the electrical panel.

It was really easy to make, we bought one large piece of 1X2 wood, one large piece of the frame wood (you can use any type of molding style wood to make the frame), and one large chalk board. I had read on my pinterest to use chalk board paint but I found chalk board at home depot and just had them cut it to the size I needed.



1. Make the frame first: For the frame I just measured the lengths I needed and made straight edge cuts with the 1X2 wood to make a box frame.

2. Nail the chalk board to the frame.

3. Miter cut your frame pieces and nail them to the chalk board from behind. Make sure you buy nails that are the correct lengths so they do not poke through the frame :)

4. Paint the frame! I used left over green paint that I had used before so I knew I already liked it and simply added a little glaze.

5. Hang and done.

Now if I could only remember to re write our menu every week.....

Comments

Popular Posts